Eat-a-thon Honors All Pets

Thank you to all who attended the Madeline T. Dog Memorial Eat-a-thon at the Red Herring on November 17! It was a wonderful gathering of more than 40 pet lovers and friends, with fixings from Hickory River, World Harvest, and English Hedgerow. I'm happy that many people told me they used the evening as a time to recall their memories of their own special animal friends.

A special thanks to my coworker Debra, who brought a delicious tray of gourmet chocolate chip cookies; my sister and nieces who came from Decatur and Springfield (Carol brought 4 lbs of chocolate turtles in homage to one of Maddie's food escapades!); and my friend Deborah-Eve, who ordered a delivery from Big Mouths (fried Twinkies and Mediterranean salad!) all the way from Fort Collins. I was worried there wouldn't be enough food, but there were loads of leftovers, even with sending folks home with doggie bags.

An extra special thanks to my husband for all the care and attention he gave to Maddie since the first moment he came into our home and lives, for his calming influence on me during the last few weeks of Maddie's life, and for his support and hard work in cleaning up all those leftovers after our party! xoxoxo














1 comment:

  1. The Eat-a-thon was super-delicious. Maddie would have been so happy there, in her prime or any time before the past few months. Good for you getting those photos up so quickly, Chris. Thanks, Deborah-Eve for my first taste of fried twinkies. They were my second-favorite food there, right after those incredible cream puffs.

    ReplyDelete